The era of the internet has given us easy access to all goods and services. We shop online for everything these days from basic essentials to luxuries. It is the lure of convenience and variety at our fingertips which makes us a very tech savvy generation.
A lot of businesses have now gone online. This means no running around to find ‘branches near you’ and being able to access services at the click of a button. Payments and other transactions are now an everyday affair with services like IMPS, NEFT and a Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
India has taken a great liking to online transactions and we aspire to be a ‘cashless’ economy soon.
Just like other businesses, buying and renewing your bike insurance online is also a feasible option. As it is mandatory for two-wheeler owners to have a basic third party insurance policy, you can always purchase and renew a reasonable insurance cover online.
Most two-wheeler insurance policies need to be renewed before their due date or else they lapse. However, in this fast paced life, not everyone has the time to run around insurance offices. Even if you visit the various company branches and wait in ques to buy a policy, there is no guarantee that you will get your money’s worth. In case of no renewal, your policy can lapse leaving you vulnerable to injury and expense.
This is where online renewal of your bike insurance policy acts as a saviour. You save time, effort and money while buying the right coverage , all from the comfort of your own home or office.
ADVANTAGES OF RENEWING YOUR BIKE INSURANCE POLICY ONLINE
- You can compare premium rates, read up on the various terms and choose a policy which fits your budget.
- You can assess your risks and avail extra protection at the time of renewal under a Comprehensive Two-Wheeler insurance policy which offers add on covers like rider protection, roadside assistance etc. along with the basic third party insurance
- If the policy has not expired and you renew it before your due date, your No Claim Bonus (NCB) remains intact and you can even get a discount on your premium if you pay online !
- You can also consider getting a long-term insurance policy which needs to be renewed only after 2 or 3 years, depending on your insurance provider. Such a policy can save you from an annual hike in the premium rates, give you a higher NCB and also saves you the hassle of renewing it every year.
- You can check out options and see whether other insurance providers are offering better services like Bharti AXA offering break-in insurance which helps you renew your lapsed policy and also retain your NCB if renewed within 90 days of expiry.
Buying and renewing insurance online ensures your safety and that of your loved ones while being convenient, quick and absolutely safe.